Water shut down: Anything to worry about???

Hoody

Tomorrow the councill is shutting down our water for the day too flush the pipe's ect. They have advised to turn off the water at the toby to prevent any "loose sediment" entering appliance's such as water tank's, dish washer's ect, should this be causing me much concern???

I'll be doing large water change's on my tank's tonight so they wont need doing for anther 4 day's or so.

Shut off you mains if possible.

then when they turn it on, hold out for a bit and let the neighbours flush the pipes and take all the dirty stuff.

Turn your hot water cylinder tap off if possible.

Turn your bath and shower on and any taps around the place. Turn your mains back on. Everything should flush pretty quick

What I would do is turn the water off at the toby and when the mains have been flushed they should be exactly that. To be extra careful turn everthing off in the house but open the outside tap where the connection hits the house and then turn on the toby. If there still is sediment in the mains it will flush through the outside tap and go to waste.

I agree turn off at mains then flush out sediment if any by running your taps.have you ever thought of using an inline filter like a high quality microlene hooked onto a hose to remove chems in water and any heavy metals?I have been diong this for a long time now and do not have to use any aftermarket product to remove chlorine heavy metals chloramines etc and water quality is awesome makes for real safe water replenishment IMO