How do I calculate litres using dimensions of tank

NataNZ

It's really quite sad that there is actually a need for an aquarium volume calculator for people that can't do math they teach to 11 year olds. :(

Well the standard shapes are easy but it gets a bit harder with the odd shapes :lol:

also it is alot faster and easier to use the online calculator. :oops:

The quickest way I can think of is to type it straight into Google.

(153*75*51) cc to litres ...returns...

• (153 * 75 * 51) * cc = 585.22500 litres

It's also pretty useful for other things aswell.

1,543,256 cm to miles ...returns...
  • 1 543 256 centimeters = 9.58934821 miles

Ira sometimes I think you're quite smart, other times I think you're an idiot.

I could do the maths in my head to calculate the volume of a tank in litres based on measurements in centimeters, but being able to enter the size in inches or cm and have it spit out the volume in gallons and litres is very handy. With my broadband connection the page loads faster than I can open the computers calculator (by the time I find the shortcut to it) and it certainly processes it a lot faster. Its not really a matter of need (well for me anyway).

Ira, I don't think there was need for a comment like that. It discourages some people from wanting to ask questions on here for fear that someone will make a comment like that and make them feel stupid. I have spent most of my fishkeeping time in another country where we always worked in gallons and fahrenheit and I find I'm always looking things up to convert over.

Eheim also have a tank calculator....

http://www.eheimasiapacific.com/