green algae

Smax

i have a tank in my lounge that i have not long since setup with kribensis in it. the tank gets a lot of sun light during the day which helps the green algae grow on the glass and rocks and stuff. what fish can i interduce to the tank that will eat this algae and not upset their breeding process?

Have you got a backing on the tank, like those picture backing things? should prevent abit of the sun if you havent got one on already. if it was me id peg a towel up lol

otherwise more waterchanges some plants maybe? duckweed helps use up nutrients and restricts light getting into tank, fish may eat it and if so its a good food source :), indian ferns another easy to grow floating plant which does the same sorta thing (sucks up nutrients and blocks light) and is easier to control (kribs may eat plants I cant remember). otherwise less fish food/dnt over feed and minimise the sun, sit back and have a tui, bonza :lol:

If it's the green furry algae, BN will eat it, if it's the spots that are really hard to get off, think about covering the side that gets the most sun - Like Mincie said, a towel or something would block out lots of the light, or even close a curtain, and you can still enjoy the tank in the evenings.