Bugs

mumzy50

Will i got brave and got the huge net and caught it,then fed it to my frogs.Who loved it.Its those big Beatles i really hate with big prickles on their legs.Some one told my they bite.and they are so hard to kill.Hate them they send me running around screaming.

Will i got brave and got the huge net and caught it,then fed it to my frogs.Who loved it.Its those big Beatles i really hate with big prickles on their legs.Some one told my they bite.and they are so hard to kill.Hate them they send me running around screaming.

I put a box full of heavy books and stuff on one and a couple of weeks later it was still alive.

they bang round hitting the walls real horrible things

ignore my last post :oops:

just lookin a wiki and seems the huhu beetle is edible but im sure these have nippers as they were flying in here around last xmas, - i cut nippers off and fed to beardies lol wikipedia had this to say "They are edible, and are said by some to taste like buttery chicken (although opinions differ)" so should be swt its just the nippers that look nasty, im sure ive seen someone say they give a mean bite to.

did you taste test it :lol:

ignore my last post :oops:

just lookin a wiki and seems the huhu beetle is edible but im sure these have nippers as they were flying in here around last xmas, - i cut nippers off and fed to beardies lol wikipedia had this to say "They are edible, and are said by some to taste like buttery chicken (although opinions differ)" so should be swt its just the nippers that look nasty, im sure ive seen someone say they give a mean bite to.

did you taste test it :lol:

Your right you can eat them in the grub stage.No a bad taste,not some thing i would get into.I would have to be real hungry.When i see them in the beatle stage i run. :lol:

friends of ours went camping years ago and woke up to find a huge huhu beetle jammed up his nosrtil!it was that far up he could not get hold of it to extract and his wife had to get it out in bits with a crochet hook,all the while she was trying to get it out he swears he could feel it knawing right up in his nostril!!true story.

Last time i had one in my house.I screamed for my son to help.Fat chance of him helping.He does not like them either.We let the poor dog at it.The horrible thing latched on to her lip.I will be armed with a tennis racket this time.

Should have let a cat have it. Several times when one of my cats was still an outdoor cat I'd find him sitting munching on a huhu with nothing but the head and two long antenna sticking out of his mouth.

friends of ours went camping years ago and woke up to find a huge huhu beetle jammed up his nosrtil!it was that far up he could not get hold of it to extract and his wife had to get it out in bits with a crochet hook,all the while she was trying to get it out he swears he could feel it knawing right up in his nostril!!true story.

tht would really get up my nose :lol: but seriously stuff that :o yikes

Should have let a cat have it.

lol cats are funny when they find them for the first time. they sniff them and the beetle grabs their nose and the cat freaks, especially if it stays holding on. they cant help coming back for another look though