Help turtle stuck together

mumzy50

I have one girl with them.They were like that twenty minutes and one looked in pain.I know when it happens with dogs you put the hose on them.I did not know what to do.I was so shocked it was my boys.I was about to take them to the vet :lol: :lol:

are u sure its 2 boys lol? ive never heard of 2 male turtles actually geting stuck together :o

Will ive never heard of it before either.They were sold to me as boys.They have long nails,Thin long tails.And ive seen them trying to have it off with my girl.

haven't had or seen a gay turtle yet

they could get mixed up with pheromones from the female in the water in a small space though 8)

the only thing to watch out for is a prolapsed penis (can't be retracted)

as this can be damaged by dragging on the ground or gravel

can be treated by vet if this keeps happening by pushing back in and suturing for a while to hold it in

gay turtles communicate by short wave :D

haven't had or seen a gay turtle yet

they could get mixed up with pheromones from the female in the water in a small space though 8)

the only thing to watch out for is a prolapsed penis (can't be retracted)

as this can be damaged by dragging on the ground or gravel

can be treated by vet if this keeps happening by pushing back in and suturing for a while to hold it in

gay turtles communicate by short wave :D

They are both in time out at the moment.My main concern was George was dragging Dougle side ways,and they were stuck.I was worried as the one that was getting drag looked distressed.Im fairly open minded but that was just to much :lol:

if you ever get one with a prolapsed penis,before taking to the vet sprinkle offending item with normal household sugar,it should shrink and shrivel up and retract before your eyes.Happened to a friends turtle and after much overseas vet to vet talk this was done and worked a treat.

• 2 weeks later...

mmm interesting... I've never known that to happen either. You're never too old to learn something new! I just have a female with male claws... shes definately a female and has longer claws then most of my males.... vet was most impressed with this 'oddity' :o