basking bulb

radu

Hi

Can anyone tell me please where I can buy the bulb that you use for turtles to bask under. Was able to purchase from TM a while ago and the price wasn't too bad but that ran out. No sign of them being sold on TM now. I also don't really want to pay the earth as I have seen them in petshops in the past and they are over the top in price. If that's the only option I will pay but just wondering if anyone can "shed some light" on where to obtain a screw in bulb that is a reasonable price (my lamp holder takes up to 100W), in Wellington. thanks

If you have a reptile UV light, then all you need is an ordinary light bulb...or one of those floodlight bulbs. 40 or 60watt if its close to turtle or 100watt is fine if at a safe distance. Its mainly to encourage them out of the water to bask as its warm and they need to dry out properly. They'd much rather be under the warm bulb than the UV light, but get the benefit of both if the lights are next to each other. :D