I'm really excited and I have to share

morfin

Hi All

I have been in the fishy game about nine months and have ALWAYS wanted a blue ram. I know they can be tough to keep alive, so I have waited till my tank is really cycled and mature to try it out. so today I got two blue rams. My husband just commented on how they are different colours - oh no they aren't, one has a red tummy and one doesn't. One has more black stripes than the other, so I am thinking a boy and a girl. They are still quite small, so I'm gonna cross fingers that they succeed, I have done alot of homework and the tank has the right params for them. So let's hope. In the meantime this is very very very exciting for me. they are just stunning.

Hi

I have had two blue and two gold rams for the past few months and they are no hassle at all. (Except I came home one day and found both the golden rams sucking on bristlenose fry like they were lollypops!) :evil:

The blues are my favourite fish. They are great entertainment. Always on the mooch for dinner and not shy at all.

The one with the rose coloured tum is the female. the male will have a crest... good luck!

Karlos

Blue rams certainly are very pretty fish! I have never tried keeping them (I've been scared off by the stories of being hard to keep!)

Instead I will keep watch on yours through this thread and enjoy them vicariously :)