sump question

stuwalters

ive never seen it done, but in theory, you can put a pump of the exact output in the tank as well as in the sump, HOWEVER, if the pumps has the slightest discrepancy, it will result in one tank overflowing. therefore, you can have a line where the water level is, then mark plus or minus 5 cm. and the filter can be altered when the water level rose or dropped.

but dont listen to me, its just an idea, never seen it done. i cant imagine any way you can do it without a hole.

Would it work if you had a syphoning tube sticking in about 3-5 cm under water? If the level dropped too much it would suck air and stop working, but then you would need a pump that pumped it back in a t the same rate. And if the syphon cut out then the pump would overflow the tank untill the sump ran dry and the pump would cook itself.

Just brainstorming, but someone else may be able to pick it up and run with it.

Ask the Q in the DIY section, there's some pretty inventive people that look in there.

Good luck

ive never seen it done, but in theory, you can put a pump of the exact output in the tank as well as in the sump, HOWEVER, if the pumps has the slightest discrepancy, it will result in one tank overflowing. therefore, you can have a line where the water level is, then mark plus or minus 5 cm. and the filter can be altered when the water level rose or dropped.

but dont listen to me, its just an idea, never seen it done. i cant imagine any way you can do it without a hole.

That's a great idea if you like floods, otherwise it's horrible.

hahahaha, im glad i put

but dont listen to me, its just an idea
or ill get flamed to death... yeah, just drill a hole, i mean its not that hard, takes about 5 minutes, and if you ever decide to get rid of the overflow, just silicon a piece of glass over the hole and its back to a normal tank.