WATER PROGRAM POLL

Joelay

Would you use a program Aquarium Testing  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Would you use a program Aquarium Testing

• Yes
    • No

I am writing a program for my computing coursework for A2 and an idea I had would be a Program that you could enter Water details and it would tell you your water quality, what fish you can have depending on what type of setup you want. it could involve Hardness Calculators etc. Please post any ideas and your thoughts on this. There is another thread on this program in this section. Anyway all ideas welcome and i'll see what can be done. Thanks for your help.

Joel

:D :D :D

• 2 weeks later...

I have decided to do this program and will be making a website on it soon for people to do a survey, leave feedback at least. I have to include all/most of these forum replies in my write-up aswell so it would be great to have some feedback. i don't know what section this should really be in so i stuck it in here, i wasn't sure if i should put it in the technical section.

On the website there will be a specificartion. but before i make it i would like some ideas of what to put in it. the current spec is:

New Tank Setup program - Enter water details and it will tell you when the tank is ready for fish.

Fish compatability - Will tell you what fish you can add according to current stocks, tank size etc

Tank details - Volume, weight. also water hardness etc

Old/new tank routine program - tell you what to do each day to maintain a good tank and good routine program.

The program will have a file on each tank to store its water, size and fish stock information.

Could you please tell me if this sounds ok or if there is anything that could be added/removed/chenged etc. Also i need a/some real user(s) who i can Email/PM and who will test prototypes etc, preferably with limited computer knowledge but any1 is welcome.

I am also going to offer a free version of the working program to users of the FNZAS forums.

Thankyou for any ideas or suggestions.

Thanx for your feedback. i was thinking of makng it have reminders, the porblem would be that the program would need to be running, i could make it load a part of the program on bootup which has a reminder. Thanx for your ideas, keep them coming.

There are a couple of programs already out there that you might want to look at one is Aqualog http://www.joejaworski.com/aqualog/ . This is the program I use to remind me when to dose fertiliser, change water, Co2 etc, it says Windows 98 but I use it on XP and it works fine.

There is another called Aquaguide?? I think, but I can't find it on the net at the moment.

Cheers,

Matt

Cheers Matt, this is really usefull cos i've been trying to look for somehing like this and it is pretty much what i'm trying to achive. if any1 uses this program and thinks it could be changed.improved then tell me how and i'll go about solving your problems.

Thanx again matt. :)