Ok to feed to turtle or not?

radu

Hi

Am wondering if it is okay to feed daphnia, brine shrimp and bloodworms to turtles? I feed them to my gold fish so wondered if my turtles could also indulge. A woman at Animates told me that Chris from Hothouse turtles had told her that bloodworms occassionally are okay, but to watch it as apparently they can really get the taste for them and not want to eat anything else. Thanks

I feed my adults and babies a range of food. they are the same as fish and can be trained to eat various foods. I feed all that you have listed plus some to the babies so they get used to different foods. They also get a lot of bloodworms. My adults get the same but mainly reptile sticks, plant and fish

Thank you for your reply most helpful, could you also tell me what kind of plant can be feed? I also have been giving a variety of food to my turtles, some is dried is that ok? I have approx 4 different type of dried foods.

Turtle sticks have been formulated for turtles and generally contain additives that they need. Don't feed bread, cat food or other junk like some do. I feed oxygen weed (Elodea canadensis) which you can buy from the pet shop at great expense or hook out of the river for free. Baby turtles are carnivors and will only eat plant later on.