Turtle food

nick777

I tried to order some JBL Energil (now out of stock) from Petplanet website but apparently they are under some restructuring and receiving heaps of complaints because of delays in delivering. Is there another place similarly priced I can order online? Anyone know? I've been feeding them raw prawns I bought from supermarkets and they seem to become sick of it... :(

do not feed them cat biscuts they are for cats.

our turtles were rescue turtles and they were so fat because the lady was feeding them cat biscuts they couldn't walk or pull their heads in.

we live in central otago and ring a pet shop in dunedin and they courier them up to us maybe they willdo this for you.

they also like bananas. carrots and apples.

yeah like you see turtles climbing trees to get their apples,bannanas and then off with a spade to dig a few carrots?Nothing wrong with cat bicuits as part of a balanced diet,even a staple if you use a bit of commonsense as to feeding ammounts and times.There are probably just as many obese cats as turtles if they get stuck with some dimwit of an owner that chooses to stuff them with food at every oportunity?

I don't see anything wrong with cat biscuits either. Turtle pellets are virtually the same thing but in a tin with a picture of a turtle on it.

I've feed my turtles on them for years, not everyday and not exclusively. I do avoid the biscuits with mammal protein and try to keep it towards the fish protein type so its more geared towards their natural diet. They also get veges as part of their diet.