Getting to know other fish keepers

Hi guys,

I know this has been done before but that was a while and a few more people have joined since then. I just thought seen most of us haven't met each other (like I've only met Tsarmina, blueandkim and Billaney) it would be good to know a it about each other Like how long you've been keeping fish for, how old you are, your favourite colour, what else your into other than keeping fish, ect.

I'll start my favourite colour is orange, I'm 13 and have been keeping fish for a year. I also like fishing and wakeboarding.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm...

Colour: Black, white

Other interests: Computer games, html, my partner, genetics, animals, ancient history, shopping and procrastinating. :D

Other info: It's my first year out of high school and I'm flatting with my partner and a couple of high-school friends. Oh, and I'm a poor overworked student at Massey. :P

I've been fish-keeping for barely 3 months! (Newbie alert!)

Colour: Green

Interests: Fishing, Sprintcars, Hunting, mates.

Other info:I manage an appliance retail store. Have been keeping fish for bout 6 years now, had some when i was a kid too.

Live with my partner of one year(and i finally convinced her to buy a tank the other week, its home to some tetras and guppies.)

Have one cat,she would love to eat my fish,lol

Colour: blue

Been keeping fish for little over a year.

Interests: art, animals, ps2, action figures, the supernatural, cartoons, swimming, movies.

Other info: Am an animator, originally from Hawkes Bay (been in Auckland 9years now), manage a vet clinic, have 2 cats.

Colour: Red

Married with one 3 year old son. I like travelling, reading, films, cooking, knitting (sad but true) mosaic (at the moment I am covering a concrete wall in our garden.

I am a stay at home Mum and also work full time looking after up to 4 other babies/children in our home. Best job in the world and I love it.

Can I add a question about people's user names? ie Why they chose it?

I am tinytawnykitten cos The Tiny Tawny Kitten was my favourite book when I was a wee one.

Oh! I remember the big the tiny tawny kitten.. I'm not sure if I'm going to get it right - but it was a puffin book? It had that golden spine... ?

Btw I forgot to say my interest also includes animals..

And this too is my first year out of highschool and I'm a poor student @ Unitec, Mt Albert...

Sucks :(

Been fishkeeping for about 3 years but my tank has been pretty basic up until now..

Still live at home with my parents (I'm the youngest child of 3) but my partner and I are talking about moving in together at some stage.

Mmm,

Colours:meh don't really do colours, but not normal colours :P

Interests:Hockey, fish, soon-to-be frogs, computer games, reading, hanging out with my mates (2 aggro WoW addicts, 1 large dude who reckons hes cool and stong but he's not, and 1 bisexual emo (cliche I know but w00t :lol: )

Had fish for mmm shoot 5 months now (dosnt time fly when you have free time after school :roll: )

Yep, think thats me :wink:

I'm 39, been keeping fish for two years this time, but had goldfish for most of my childhood, and tropicals for about three years in my twenties.

Other interests: Hockey, Diving, Underwater photography

Scuba Sam: Diving, and short version of my name.

I work in healthcare.

Nice to hear what other people get up to... 8)

Colour: Green at the moment

Interests: Rowing, Hanging with friends, My dog, messing on the computer, spending money, being weird.

Music: Anything goes but in Particular: Lemon Demon

Been keeping fish for over 6 months now. But I have been enlighted into real fish keeping since I joined this site.

Name: Its a username I use for most internet things or I go by Dogoto2 for games usally. It is because I used to be obsesed with starwars. That made the jawa and the cheese is a long story.

Interests:Hockey, fish, soon-to-be frogs, computer games, reading, hanging out with my mates (2 aggro WoW addicts, 1 large dude who reckons hes cool and stong but he's not, and 1 bisexual emo (cliche I know but w00t )

That sounds so much like my friends it's creepy. Except change the WoW for oblivion/runescape.

I am an ex WOW addict myself anyways so I cant say much.

name: Roger

User name: my dream car

been keeping fish on and off ever since i was old enough to walk (have pics to prove it :P)

other than fish keeping, i like to fish, run, chilling with a beer after uni, camping, and living with my girl friend (pretty similar to fish keeping really :P)

Name: Danielle

Colour(s) Pink, Green, Yellow

Interests: Mitsys, fish, FNZAS... general things

Music: All depends

FNZAS Name: Was a nickname from a friend when I was 9yrs, is my email address (danilada@hotmail.com) so just stuck with it.

Why I am a fishkeeper: Dad is a glazier, wanted some-thing buzzy to watch while having drinks at mine... got addicted.

name: sophia or tepaia in maori my full name i am named after both of my grandparents

colors: black white blue pink purple

interests: electronics, pittbulls neo's rotty's bullys' staffy's , a1gp, my neice's and nephews, my family, movies and music, traveling oh and fish of course

other info: have been keeping fish since novenber 07 suffer from M.T.S and turners syndrome am a newzealand maori

my nickname: named after an actor from the movie take the lead

Thought I had better add my bit and up the age average :lol:

Name: Caryl

Colour: blue

Interests: reading, jigsaws, crosswords (thanks to having to produce the Aquarium World magazine I have gone off fish :cry: )

I have been keeping fish since I was 15 and helped dad build a fish pond. Although I had over 18 tanks at one time I now have 1 4ft community tropical.

Music: eclectic tastes over many genres (except opera, jazz, hip hop, country & heavy metal)

Nickname: obvious I think :wink:

Name - Hellen

Age - 43

Colour - green and anything in red to purple spectrum

Interests - fishkeeping, patchwork quilting, pc computer games - just rediscovered Baldur's Gate, yay!, sci fi and fantasy, medieval mystery, gardening and Nz native plants and fauna.

Nickname was the name of my housebus, also a favourite flower.