Hello evryone

henry

Hello everyone,

have been reading posts on these boards solidly over the last few days since discovering them!

i have a 600x300x380mm freshwater tropical tank with various community inhabitants, all happy and healthy.

the tank has one 18W lighting unit, one 50W heater/stat (tank is in a warm room), an early model eheim internal power filter, and an airstone.

the tank has been up and running for around 6 months, with several initial fish losses during the cycling phase (first few weeks), but none since. prior to running this tank i have had various goldfish set ups at various times.

i am very interested in aquaria, and have done a lot of reading, specifically about water chemistry, biological filtration, and lately planted tanks, including diy C02 set ups.

i live primarily in wellington where i am a law student.. i would be very interested to get in touch with other people in wellington, specifically those with plants and fish to sell at nominal prices! the prices, range etc. in pet shops is so dissapointing!

plans for the short term are upgrading the lighting in my tank to around 80W and introducing plants, and more fish. also acquiring an external filter as i dislike seeing the internal filter in the tank, and it is a little small.

long term, another tank (probably chichilids, or an amzon tank with discus) would be great.

here ends my introductions, nice to meet everyone

henry