Is Te Atatu South a good area to live in?

nick777

Ditto as David said, if you're working in the CBD, it's probably going to be a bit of a mission to get to and from work every day.

Are is not to bad either, there are things like supermarkets, gym etc really close by. Getting onto the Motorway is really close too.

Safety? Well how safe to you consider safe? You could do a LOT worse in Auckland. Esp heading further west.

In my opinion, if you were to work in the CBD, I'd aim to get closer than Te Atatu. Possibly Grey Lynn or Ponsonby?

Te atatu South is a great area ( i live there). Commuting to the CBD was really easy. I used to get on a bus and be in town in half an hour. Bus lanes down the motorway make commuting alot easier. There are flyer buses that will be a five minute walk from your door stop and will drop you off in downtown. From where you are it is about a five minute drive to the motorway and about a three minute drive to the local supermarket and the mall. Your local shops have a fruitstore, dairy, takeaways, domino's hairdresser, video shop, roast shop and thai We have never had any problems with safety and we have been living in the area you are looking at for many years. Pm me if you have any more questions

My sister-in-law and family have lived there for 16 years, never been burgled, no problems, no worries, love it there. Her husband drives to the Uni in the mornings, takes 1/2 hr, leaves just before 7am. Home time 1/2 hr or a bit more, trains and buses good. Safer than other areas I would think, you don't hear much bad news about it. The key is patience in the traffic and as with other Auckland areas - don't be out late or in the early hours of the morning alone. Make sure your mates look after you.

Closer in would be quicker to the CBD but more expensive to live as far as rentals go and not necessarily safer.

As mentioned I also live in Te Atatu South. I have been at my house for 2years and never a worry.... touch wood. We live in a quiet street and get few worries. SOme of the homes are quite close and everyone watches out for one another, kind of an unspoken thing we do. Great being off a main street and at least I know my cats are bit more safe from the roads and nomad dogs and other misfits!!! Welcome to Westsyde!!

• 12 years later...
On 7/22/2020 at 4:48 PM, West Aucklander at heart said:

I lived there for 23 years, its very safe - once a blue moon some oddities may happen here and there , but theres this unspoken thing where your neighbours look out for you. Everyone knows everyone or each others kids. Quiet suburb. Raised there and will never forget it.

Just wondering if you realised this thread is 12 years old lol.