so who is stuck at work

Gannet

so your actually working for yourself then?

i is working too

only 4 lots of customers though

merry xmas gannet and everyone else on here today

you're actually open on Christmas day? Crikey, you're a glutton for punishment.

See there was no news today so TV3 filled most of their news hour with stories about zoo-keepers having to be at work to feed the animals (and random things off You-tube!) ?

you're actually open on Christmas day? Crikey, you're a glutton for punishment.

See there was no news today so TV3 filled most of their news hour with stories about zoo-keepers having to be at work to feed the animals (and random things off You-tube!) ?

we have to feed the animals too so may as well be open

cruisy day though

went fishing tonight and got some kawhai for the big pool

I'm working the nightshifts. 7PM-7AM both christmas night and boxing night. Then 'cause I'm xtra lucky I get to work new years day night shift and the day after new years day night shift.

Yay being a shift worker!

I was rostered on to work on 9 of the 11 stats this year, and to make it even more awesome, because of the leap year I get to do 9 of the 11 again in 2008!

both my parents were working today - ma did the midnite to 8 am shift and again tonite (dogwatch shift) - dad did 8am to 4pm today and is back at work tomorrow 4pm til midnit (his normal shift)

not me tho im on holiday - gotta love business that shut for every public holiday and only ask for volunteers on show day.....

I'm working the nightshifts. 7PM-7AM both christmas night and boxing night. Then 'cause I'm xtra lucky I get to work new years day night shift and the day after new years day night shift.

Yay being a shift worker!

I was rostered on to work on 9 of the 11 stats this year, and to make it even more awesome, because of the leap year I get to do 9 of the 11 again in 2008!

That sounds almost exactly like my shifts.:) Where do you work?

That sounds almost exactly like my shifts.:) Where do you work?

At the Tasman mill in Kawerau. We do 2 night shifts, have a 24 hour break, 2 day shifts and then have a 3 1/2 day weekend. We also operate with a utility shift, so every 10 weeks I am the spare guy and cover the other 4 sparkies for holidays, sick leave and training. If they don't need covering the spare guy waits at home twiddling their fingers and thumbs! :D

Work has been odd here as the long time receptionist left. Her replacement gave up suddenly after a few days and I was left on my own handling everything! I then had to train the new one.

Today when I arrived at work he persented me with a lovely bouquet of flowers and a substantial cheque (over and above the usual wages) to say thanks for all the extra work I had been doing. :bounce:

It is nice to be appreciated 8)

Work has been odd here as the long time receptionist left. Her replacement gave up suddenly after a few days and I was left on my own handling everything! I then had to train the new one.

Today when I arrived at work he persented me with a lovely bouquet of flowers and a substantial cheque (over and above the usual wages) to say thanks for all the extra work I had been doing. :bounce:

nice boss caryl

and the best way to say thankyou to a worker

happy new year

WOW, that is generous! I'm in the middle of training up a new girl, and I'm also expected to keep up with my workload too.. its hard work, but I guess I don't have to tell you that! I get nothing for my troubles though.. :(