Moles and skin checks

blueit7

Please please please take the time to get your skin checked if you have moles. If you have one that has changed make an appointment NOW.

I have just saved my own life by getting one of mine checked. Thank god it was in an area I could see and I noticed the change. It has turned out to be a malignant melanoma. If I had ignored this it would have killed me :o

Prognosis is good. I have to have a further op on my arm to take more from the mole site to ensure they get it all. Doc tells me it will leave a decent scar but who cares :D I have to have checks every 6 months to make sure my lymph nodes and stuff are all good and he is going to check all my other moles very throughly.

I have never had a skin check done by a doctor but because I was aware I saved myself. Needless to say I will be having them regularly now. Hopefully the areas I can't see will be all good.

So please, please, please get yourselves checked. :)

Yeah I am going in for a check once I get my community services card (have sent away for it, just waiting)

Have 2 on my back that have never looked quite right. Got them checked a couple of years ago at uni when they had a mole check day and the guy took one look at them and said they are fine, but I think I want them OUT

Mum and I are two of those people that have lots of moles :roll:

We have a free skin clinic here every summer where people can get their moles checked. We also have an Elanz Clinic that offers mole maps. They check all your moles and make a note of position and size etc. They then recheck every couple of years to see if there have been changes.

My dad has skin cancers removed yearly due to sun exposure working on the farm over many years.

It also pays to shower with your loved one as you can check their back and other areas while you are in there. Not only is it fun but you get to check various bits out extra carefully and save water at the same time! :wink:

I had a small mole just above my right knee.I left NZ and settled in the highest village in the Scottish Highlands.After 2yrs of not too much sun I went off to Turkey for 2wks on an ANZAC tour of Gallipoli,etc.Lots of sun and heat(and a lot more very cheap booze).About 2-3wks after getting back to the Heilans the mole started getting itchy for the 1st time ever,so I went to see the doc.He removed it and gave me 2 stitches,sending it off to the lab.2wks later I went for the results.

I never did live down the fact,and 8yrs later they are still giving me heaps,for being the only person known to have had a midge bite surgically removed... :oops: :oops: :oops: