planted tank pictures

dimebag

hi all,

would be great to see everyones planted tanks, I know theres some awesome ones out there!

heres mine:

DSCF0113.jpg

DSCF0103.jpg

not sure exactly what types some of the plants are, but theres various crypts and swords, tiger lotus, anubius, java moss and fern, stargrass, dwarf sag, and a few others that im unsure of the names.

fish include discus, various catfish, fire eel, bgk, rams, rummies and guppies.

cmon, ive shown you mine, now you show me yours! :wink::D

Looking wicked man! Thats eels nice, wouldnt mind one of them to put in with my firemouths etc... the hoppys look wicked too man!

That wavy plant in front of the driftwood looks like a balansae crypt (i think thats the one). If it has babys let me know! Or is that the aponogeton crispus you got off me? :lol: looks cool anyway

Looking good Dimebag, nice Discus. Only thing I would change is to move the Star Grass to the back as it should grow right to the top of the tank - see slightly left of the middle of my 450 Litre Tank.

Heres my 450 litre Planted Discus Community Tank from a couple of months ago (has had a major pruning since this pic was taken):

IMG_1721.jpg

IMG_1727.jpg

My old work ar980 215 Litre Planted Community Tank that got vandalised:

IMG_1927-800x600.jpg

and my old 250 Litre Planted Discus Community:

DSC03521.jpg

very nice matt :bow:

yea have been meaning to shift that stargrass, it just turned up there a few weeks ago from the opposite corner.

show us a pic now zev, u can always give us an updated one when you get a bit of growth.

i personally reckon that a tank looks best just after a good clearout, mine had a shopping bag full of dead and overgrown stuff pulled out a couple of days before those pics were taken.

keep em coming people! :D

Galaxy-biotope.jpg

Asian Biotope, waiting for the moss wall to grow in....

450 x 250 x 270mm

1 x 9w 6500k PC Flourescent

1 drop PMDD every 2 days

400mm-cube.jpg

400mm cube, Supposed to be a South American Biotope but somehow has a couple of Sparkling Gourami interlopers!

Nutrafin Co2 with Ball Reactor on filter return.

1 x 70w 6500k MH.

Hence the real sunburnt look! The Hairgrass is actualy green, I may look at shifting the lamp up a bit higher..

3 drops PMDD daily

Awesome Zev, love the cube tank and Nemines nice Anubias!

I don't use Co2, I don't think I could keep up with the pruning if I did. Lighting on my 450 Litre Tank is 1 x Aquaone MG1000 which has 2 x 6500k 150 watt MH and 4 x 18watt 7100K PL Flourescent. My old 250 litre was just 4 x 3 foot flouro tubes - 2 x Phillips 6500k, 1 x NEC and 1 x Gro Lux, all from an electrical wholesaler.

For fertilisers I use Flourish & Flourish Iron, but will be switching to PMDD when I run out.

Cheers,

Matt

i found that after i shifted to t5s my anubias began to really take off, i started with one bunch 5 years ago though... i have co2 and i sprinkled a little laterite amongst the anubias roots (the ones out of the gravel) to give them extra iron.

tanks look awesome guys! :bow:

Looking mean guys, makes me want to start a proper planted tank again :( Zev, is that 40cm cube tank running my old co2 reg setup? Looks very nice!

Nope, not yet. The cost of bottle hire per month is pretty steep down here, I may look at bush-pigging it up to a Sodastream bottle!!

realy nice set ups mate.with that moss wall what did you use and how did you hold it up there.wath sorted moss si it.

cheers ant.

The moss is Christmas moss, and the netting I found laying around in the garage (fat lot of help that is, I know!) it mesh gap is about 6 - 7mm across. I just used one layer and silicon'd it to the back wall with the tank laying on its side. I put a plastic bag over the top to top the moss drying out while the silicone cured, but later found the fumes killed off the moss around the dobs of silicone for a 20mm radius! It is growing back now, though.

Jim R...

The moss is Christmas moss, and the netting I found laying around in the garage (fat lot of help that is, I know!) it mesh gap is about 6 - 7mm across. I just used one layer and silicon'd it to the back wall with the tank laying on its side. I put a plastic bag over the top to top the moss drying out while the silicone cured, but later found the fumes killed off the moss around the dobs of silicone for a 20mm radius! It is growing back now, though.

:oops: Still looks really good. The netting looks like it could be from the building trade?

Don't think so, Jim. It's quite soft and looks like a sort of thread woven net with a soft plastic coating on it. I have an awful suspicion that it is that anti-slip stuff you put under large things you don't want migrating off the shelf!

moss-wall-01.jpg

Pic of wall in progress - I was going to take more and do an article for Caryl, but got distracted, and forgot to take more pics. Don't tell her, either!

I siliconed the bottom down first and let it dry, then taped it to the bottom out of the way, then spread the moss down - a little bit goes a long way, but I suppose if you wanted it to grow out quicker, you could put a thicker layer down. Then I put some dobs of silicone at the sides and top, and a few in the middle so it wouldn't sag, then sat the netting down on top, and poked it down a wee bit so that the silicone came over the edges of the netting.