Who has dragons for sale?

TM

Does anyone know where to buy either the bearded or water dragons from. Have seen the couple on trademe. Any one here have some.

Also do you know about the history of them? Are they all, or are most of them from the same family???

What about leopard geckos? anyone seen these?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

don't thing maf would let you have leopard gekos. in terms of dragons imo bearded dragons are the best as they show the most interaction with their owner. they are quite a bit dearer though.. they also don't need as big or as complex an enclosure

just sent a pair down your way the other day(ch ch)sales have tapered off but not too many to handle now so not too bothered about shifting them.Alot more work than people think to raise good healthy un blemished babies ,mainly in regard to the huge volumes of live food they can put away.Raising your own food is pretty time consuming,when you have locusts,crickets and mealworms to feed.There are leopard geckos in private collections in nz,whether its another case of the green iguanas we will wait and see,Ti point and otorahanga kiwi house also had them,not sure if they still do as they were running out of females I think.

then they miraculousaly(sp?) bred,yeah right!and the `babies` appeared on tm etc for $5000 each.The akld zoo bought some and had them tested etc,some had different dna(not brothers/sisters)and some had a strain of salmonella not present in NZ but only found in reptile collections in singapore or USA.Also no one has actually seen the parents????When they rounded them up to put them down some turned out to be not iguannas at all but chinese water dragons which look very similar.Thats the story that I have heard from a few different people(some that had them confiscated)What was dissapointing was they let the sales go on for some time and the people that bought them in good faith had checked with DOC or maF for approval beforehand only to have them taken and destroyed after they had been transported from one end of the country to the other.

it was on the cities list and it was sent back to its coutry of origin,somewhere in asia.As for the green water d`s,have never seen one up close and personal so can`t comment,this was what I was told from people that are more "in the know" than you or me!

Guest Anonymous

The only waterdragons for sale on trademe at the moment are from good supply. Though if you want 'different blood' you may have to look futher down the line. Not all the waterdragons in New Zealand are from the same pair. There has always been a lot of them around, they just arent as popular. Due to them taking a lot longer to grow, a LOT longer to tame, and the size they get to. I love em!

Not too sure about the Beardies, a lot of people breeding them these days. Mostly people who have bought them from the same batch of babies. As repto said they need a lot of work when they're young, otherwise they do have problems later.

Pick a good breeder. Someone who has done it a few times, or someone recommended who has bought from them before.

Guest Anonymous

LOL I understand! Concidering they need and will only eat live food most of the time. Can you get the beardies eating a little kitten food, like the waterdragons? I know you can only really feed cat/dog food as 1/3(MAX) of their diet, but it makes things so much easier for a third of the time. Its not too bad if you feed them a good quality KITTEN food. I use Advance Chicken.