Acronyms on the forums?

je_suis_ketan

Haha, nice. :D

Being the Newbie I am, as soon as I started work I went out and bought my first big (in my scheme of things) tank (200L). Previously I have kept gold fish in my 30L tank which I've had for years. This is my first heated tank though.

Maybe more tanks will follow as my career progresses :wink:

My flatmates got a big shock when I got my tank, as it's a dominating presence in our lounge.

So far my tank has been going great :bounce:

one thing to worry about. most people that suffer from the dreaded MTS syndrome, have usually spent the price equilevent(sp?) to a new car. ;)

:lol:

Ouch!!! :o

That's a bit of a dilemma for me being a car lover. I have a tendency to form a love for expensive toys, e.g bike (with or without motor) and now I'm saving up for SCUBA gear! Partner wants to go on Holiday later in the year so my next tank might be a while away!

Ouch!!! :o

That's a bit of a dilemma for me being a car lover. I have a tendency to form a love for expensive toys, e.g bike (with or without motor) and now I'm saving up for SCUBA gear! Partner wants to go on Holiday later in the year so my next tank might be a while away!

hehe my newest tank has cost me $3000 to date with no end in sight :P i have no car. Perhaps you should sell your car to pay for your aquatic obsession je_suis_ketan

hehe my newest tank has cost me $3000 to date with no end in sight :P i have no car. Perhaps you should sell your car to pay for your aquatic obsession je_suis_ketan

Damn, but how do you get to your LFS without a car!! hehe. Coming up from Christchurch I can't see how people get around Auckland without cars.

But my car is my baby! I can't part with her. I think my GF gets a bit jealous at times.

Just another question, are their many guys here that are into diving as well? do the 2 hobbies kinda go hand in hand?

I recommend it if you ever get the chance, it's really a whole new world down there.

RC car racing + computers + Fish = nomoney :(

RC cars aye? I have a Gas powered 10:1 at my folks place in Hamilton somewhere, will have to dig it out and see if it still works! Unfortunately being the Mech eng guy I am, the best bit for me was building it! didn't really get into the driving of it though.