Who also has a Cat?

fish-unit

I couldn't agree more Rozski, I also think it's wrong, if they were meant to breed together in nature, they would be from the same districts... not a practice that should be encouraged but sadly it is, same goes with the White Tiger, they shouldn't be bred from, they are majorly genetically weak, watched a short doco of a wild cat sanctuary in the states and a keeper went into depth on the White Tiger...

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm, haven't heard that take on the white bengals. As far as I know, it is just a recessive colour gene and nothing more. They were found in the wild too, but like many recessive genes, there weren't many and thanks to poaching, they were wiped out.

Docos are always interesting for stuff like that though.

What also bugs me is there are so many people working to expand the tigers gene pool in captivity, yet there are thousands in 'private' collections in the states... well lots of things bug me, but that falls into the current topic :-?

(my platties still alive? lol)

The short doco I saw was on You Tube.. it was a wild cat sactuary for abused and neglected and unwanted tigers, from past zoos and ex circus performers :-? :evil: He actually went into depth about the White Tiger and its genetic weaknesses etc

Here is a link to White Tiger info..

http://www.bigcatrescue.org/white_tigers.htm

And yeah the platties are doing just great! Little boy loves them :D :lol:

• 1 month later...

We have an addition to the family! Yes we have four cats now.. what can I say, the SPCA desperately needed to find homes for 80 kittens, and I'm a sucker for a cute face! And this little fella definitely has one of those. His name is Orion.. here is where we found him earlier tonight..

cappuccino.jpg

"cattuccino" anyone?? :lol:

We have an addition to the family! Yes we have four cats now.. what can I say, the SPCA desperately needed to find homes for 80 kittens, and I'm a sucker for a cute face! And this little fella definitely has one of those. His name is Orion.. here is where we found him earlier tonight..

cappuccino.jpg

"cattuccino" anyone?? :lol:

awwwww!!! Little cuty thing! :D:D