Who also has a Cat?

fish-unit

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tsarmina's cats are all well loved, well looked after, and very healthy. I'd take one of the kittens if we didn't already have three furry monsters :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tsarmina, if the SPCA will do them cheaper and you can arrange for the kids to be looked after I'm sure we could take you and the cats in - if that would help. Doubt we could fit kids and cats into the car all at once :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers

tsar cats are great i have one of her kittens now its sooo cute!!! she such a happy little thing!! but i have the feeling my nana might want to teal her lol.

an tsar cats are great and super friendly an well feed and loved!!! i take my hat off to her for looking after all of them

well, they are obviously some of the lucky ones. There is a very sound argument for getting all pets de-sexed. I cant believe there are still people out there that think their female cats and dogs "just wanted one litter" before I got them fixed.

Can I suggest that anyone not wanting to desex their pets volunteers at their local SPCA/Humane rescue/Animal shelter to see exactly how many cats and kittens are looking for homes and not finding them, End result: Death

Sorry for the rant.

IMHO There is nothing wrong with letting your cat have a litter if you know you can get homes for the kittens.

What really irks me are people who get kittens for christmas and then are sick of them by March when they aren't so cute anymore so stop caring for them :evil:

Animals are your responsiblity for the life of the animal!

And then there are some people.. "ooooo my cat is pregnant.. I am so excited.. can't wait till she has the kittens!.."

Then when the kittens arrive.. after a while often the novelty wears off, they are up and about, getting into things..

I have had two cases of people I know with that idea, oh it won't hurt to let my female have a litter, then the novelty wears off over a short time.. And did they find homes? NOT Supposedly they had homes to go to, till people changed their minds or pulled out last minute.. one of those kittens still lives in front (grown up now) and the owner has left residence and left her cat behind :evil: This being one of the kittens produced from her mother cat... he was hungry, unfixed and causing all sorts of problems for the neighbours.. luckily he knew me enough to take food and I am now facing the problem of having to get a cat trap from SPCA to get him... hopefully owner will be prosecuted..

Then there are the people who believe that a litter from their cat will make them a better pet.. :roll: :roll: :roll:

I am sure the SPCA is rapt over the idea... :roll:

Anyway.. off my soap box.. and no offence intended, this isn't directed at any one person on the forums, just some cat owners in general :-?

I think some people think that the cat needs to fulfil some instinctual need before it gets fixed :roll: Dunno if i go for that argument tho. I think it can stunt their growth if they have the litter too early. Also some people don't realise how young a cat can be and get surprised by the unexpected pregnancy. Most fixed cats i know that have been fixed and never had a litter are normal balanced cats.

Wat i dont understand is people who have unfixed male dogs and then expect them to lead a celibate life!

What exactly is the deal with letting your female have one litter before desexing?? I've heard people say this before but they've never given me a good reason as to why.

We have just asked our vets the same question, they told us it is better NOT to let cats have a litter, because once they have come on heat, there is a higher chance of getting ovarian cancer.