RODI unit

Aquamad

Hi all,

I am currently starting up a med. sized FOWLR tank (148 L) and have most of the gear organized. The tank I am using was previously a brackish setup. I don't intend on ever keeping coral, only interested in fish. I have gathered nearly everything I need, but require one last thing; an RODI unit. Because of my relatively tight student-budget I would prefer to keep this reasonably cheap (~$300).Tru water has a unit that I am interested in and would like to hear other people's opinions on it:

http://www.truwater.co.nz/countertop-filter-systems/aquarium-filter-systems/wall-mount-aquarium-reverse-osmosis-4-stage-water-purifier-a4000?cPath=&

If there are any other recommendations I would like to see them. Would prefer from a NZ-based company to not only support local but also for simplicity with warranty and returns etc if things do happen to go wrong.

Cheers,

Don't worry anymore, I have acquired a suitable unit. For closure and those who may be in a similar situation, the unit I got is the AquaFX Barracuda RO/DI unit (50 GPD) from Amazon US. Got it for $388 NZD (this price included shipping and a handheld TDS meter). I tried to find a suitable option here in NZ, but it was all way too expensive for my budget.

The unit seems to be good, heaps of protective foam packaging and took about 1 week from order placement to arrive. Will test it when my TDS meter arrives (it was shipped separately).