Male blue dolphins

fishgirl53

HI Fishgirl

Most cichlid males will fight to workout the Alpha male and introducing more females is not really going to solve the issue. 

As long as the fighting is not serious you don't need to worry too much. 

If there are 'small' injuries etc make sure that the water is clean and add some salt 1 cup/400l to prevent bacterial infection. Replace the sale if water changes are done.

I have done the following with good success for small injuries:

50% initial water change and add salt - 1 cup/400l

then do partial 30% WC every other day and replace the salt lost with water change.

I continued this till the fish looked better - usually takes about 7-10 days

I hope this helps

Agree with rcon021. Really good tips that Rcon021 suggested for helping injured fish due to fight.

The fight wont stop especially when females exists in the tank. (Male cichlid will fight for dominants for breeding) 

What else you can do is that you can create more hiding place or use some rocks to divide the tank into "two" zone naturally. 

For example, put some big rock or coral rock in the middle of the tank so it covers most of the vision from one side to the other. This will help those two males to create their own safe territory on each side. At the end, they may still fight in the middle but most of the time they will just stay on one side of the tank (comfort zone).

Above method only works when two males are similar size (strength). If one is significantly stronger than the other then the balance will break. High chance the bigger one will chase the smaller one to death. You will need to take one of them out in that case.

I hope this helps.