Repashy Food

jamosfish

Anyone tried Repashy Food yet??

I tried this new (new to me at least) food. Let me start by saying WOW. I have the Soilent Green which I have tried in multiple tanks, my breeding tanks with Red whips, a few different Bristlenose and my Community tank.The moment I dropped it in the tank it was a hit!! It is now swarmed by the fry and adults whenever it is dropped in the tanks.

One of the many things I love about this is food is that you can cut it into any size you want. Personally I put large 5cm x 10cm sheets into my breeding tanks and then for my community tank I cut it into tiny 2mm cubes for the Discus and Tetras and some larger 10mm cubs for the bottom dwellers, Loaches, plecos and Cories.

Discus are normally fussy eaters and It took me a long time to get them to take Ken's brand food from the states, I was feeding a mix of Tetra colour and Ken's. But for some reason this stuff was an instant hit, they took to it straight away. Now they prefer it over the Tetra/Ken's mix.

After giving this one type a go I hope to move on to some of the specifics like Morning Wood, Meat Pie, Community Plus and Bottom Scratcher.

I think it's great that Repashy foods are treated as fresh food but can still be stored for up to 2 weeks in the fridge. I got a small container just to try but wish I had gotten a bigger one as I could have saved a little bit of money buy buying the biggest container.

I highly recommend this stuff, give it a go

http://www.repashy.co.nz/

Would love to get some comments on other user experiences!

• 2 weeks later...

I tried out a sample batch. None of the fish seemed particularly interested. Was all gone after an hour or so, though. Might be they just don't know how to react to it. I'll buy a bigger batch, see how it goes . Once I get around to buying a batch. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

I'm on my second order of community gel everyone seems to like it.  And grabbed some of the woodivore or...whatever I can't remember the name and I'm too lazy to walk over and check.

The community gel was a totally different texture this time, last batch was much coarser and green, with different colored flakes in it.  This batch is a uniform, fine brown powder.

Anyway, Everyone loves the community gel, I grate it up so it's in little wormy looking pieces and freeze it in icecube trays.  I have 5 trays total including trays of the bottom feeder stuff, and a dehydrator running on another batch to see how that works.

Yes I am using it in my shop and everything seems to take to it well. I like feeding it as I leave at night as it gives a chances for some of the plecos to get a feed that they may not get in the morning feeds.
I also use the same green tray