Cubans.

Hecticity

Nice fish.

I have 2 right now. One is 7-8inch female who has laid two clutches already. Second one is a suspected female around 10cm or so, probably looking to sell that one. The larger cuban did not tolerate it.

I found that male and female are easier to tell apart as they get a bit bigger as body shape...head slope, width and girth are quite different between the two, as well as colour with the female being more blue and the male more silver gold. Could just be mine though. Pics....?

Nice fish.

I have 2 right now. One is 7-8inch female who has laid two clutches already. Second one is a suspected female around 10cm or so, probably looking to sell that one. The larger cuban did not tolerate it.

Let me know if you do happen to sell her once sex is confirmed I could be interested.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got around to taking some pics... dealing with some turbidity issues in the tank so excuse cloudiness.

Cuban is the big momma in the tank, got to be like 20cm eyeballing it.

Tank mates include: 2 midas, 1 convict, 1 salvini, 2 delhezi bichirs, 1 longfin senegal, 1 palmas palmas, 2 bristlenose.

I have 2 more salvinis and 2 small texas in a growout. Will add to main tank and then keep the ones I like the most in there.

20160303_162859.jpg

20160303_162958.jpg

20160303_163026.jpg

20160303_163028.jpg

20160303_163215.jpg

Tank is only 450L so isn't really able to hold all of these fish long term. Yeah I'm hoping the midas turn out to be creamsickle ones. I also have a jaguar x flowerhorn hybrid in another tank but that thing is aggressive. 

I like your male! Very similar looking to my female actually.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

A number of first batch fry (above) went to a couple of places up north.

I would say a large percentage of the first batch have deformities, particularly symmetrically downward-bent pectoral fins. As far as I know these are appearance only and do not affect movement at all.

A few juveniles remain from succeeding batches. They don't have any deformities last I checked but will be holding until they get much bigger.

There is also a new batch of fry, a few weeks old.

• 9 months later...