One of my

diyer

I would like to introduce to you the last of my DIY aquarium.

Dimensions 117 x 27 x 40 cm 126 litre

Glass removed from old windows 6mm, bottom 10mm

DIY glass filter with pump 880 l / h, 100w heater, lighting 3 x energy-saving bulbs 32W 6500K

All DIY, cheap or free.

I used a substrate for flowers, PH<6, the ratio of ingredients is not exactly ideal but is tested and efficient enough. Above the substrate is sifted gravel 2-5 mm. I do not add the micro and macro elements, only CO2, DIY, of course, with the yeast and sugar.

Plants: microsorum pteropus, ludwigia repens, bacopa australis, sagitaria subbulata, cryptocoryne wendtii and pontederifolie, some guppy gras, star grass, nana petit and lemna minor.

Fish: platy, platy variatus, wcmm, neon tetra, corydoras paleatus and albino, velifera, ancistrus. Around 40 fish.

There is lot of rcs, ramshorn, mts, and a few clea helena.

_702663782_ghklglglt.jpg

Light unit, not yet painted :facepalm:

_74074040_fgag.jpg

_127946072_rzaz.jpg

_201058118_album_pic%5B1%5D.jpg

_70370344_ghjkjddzsudj.jpg

Filter

_469135654_hjhj.jpg

Filter behind the tank

_46913571_lkolollklk.jpg

And here's an LQ video

So feel free to comment on

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you.

The tank is about 2 months old and this is not the final setting. I took out all the branches of plums because they have emitted a lot of tannin and the water was yellowish. I put the branches in a bucket with water and I will bring them back after some time. In the meantime, I've added more sagitaria. Original wish was to make a scape with path and meadow beside, in corners as a forest. I soon realized that it would not be easy in such a narrow tank. We'll see which way this scape will go.

None of the pics work ? :o :dunno: I can see it fine.

YT link is there, too.

Possibly because you're linking them from practicalfishkeeping.co.uk's attachments and it's unlikely they allow hotlinking. You probably see them because you have an active session on that forum.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks LYNDYLOO

Make sense is a little more difficult job for me. Everything should look as natural as possible but can not see that it is man-made. This tank is only 27 cm wide and is very difficult to make a third dimension to scape.

I hope that after first trim ludwigia and bacopa will be little thicker. I stopped adding CO2 because, honestly, i hate that every 10 days make a new mixture of yeast and sugar. Plants grow slowly but I'm satisfied. Sagitaria grow quite high and can not see the stones, that i was afraid.

Neon tetras and wcmm will be given to my friend, so it will remain just corydoras, ancistrus and platies. Shrimps doing nice. Platies get mixed and there is a lot of interesting colored fry. Platy is my first love and I just can not have a tank without them.

Next time I'll get better camera and will be some macro photos.

Google Translate is a tragicomic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...