guppies post your pics

myfishybuisness

New mutation - Gull Wing Guppy:

355t.jpg 357t.jpg 360t.jpg 362t.jpg 368t.jpg

Showed up recently in my Full White Plainum which got imported by Hollywood Fish Farm a little while ago.

The origin of this mutation is Japan and compared to Big Ear (Thailand) the pectoral fins are extended and not round. I saw and read about Gull Wing Guppies the first time in March on a japaneses blog and now some of the males show the same trait - very exciting :) The shape looks a bit like the wings of a sea gull so the name suits this new trait quite well. Watching theses two males flaring to the female is very impressive. For more pictures click HERE

Update from the Blue Tigers:

374t.jpg 375t.jpg 377t.jpg 378t.jpg

Black Flame Hybrids:

379t.jpg 380t.jpg

Cheers,

JaSa

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Adrienne & Yellow :D

Something totally new: Hypermelanistic Blond Tiger Endler:

381t.jpg 382t.jpg 385t.jpg

Theses fish are base colour Blonde which normally cannot have black markings due to the fact that the black pigmentation in the skin is very, very small and round shaped. But hypermelanism boosts the production of melanin and transforms the pigment shape into a star and suddenly black marking become visible again! Compared to base colour Gold, hypermelanistic fish show black markings in their pectoral fins.

So coming from original Tiger Endlers on base colour Grey which are okay but have boring females to the Blonde Tiger Endler lacking the contrast due to the missing black we are improving the fish with the hypermelanism mutation to give us the hypermelanistic Blond Tiger Endler that has a even better contrast than the original Tiger Endler - especially in the females :)

Very happy with the Swallow Tail Guppies:

386t.jpg 389t.jpg 390t.jpg 391t.jpg

Cheers,

JaSa

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Nice guppies Jasa. The Blue Tigers are real little jewels.

Your 'something new' reminds me of a phenomena sometimes seen in birds (and other animals) called chimeraism (check this link for a general intro http://www.theguardian.com/science/grrlscientist/2014/jan/31/grrlscientist-halfsider-chimera-bilateral-gynandromorph-birds  ) . The black looks to occur only on one side of her head, this could be one explanation.

Hi :)

Good observation - but I don't think it is chimeraism because:

• All females are plain grey and none of them have black heads. So even if it happened, both sides of the head would be grey and you wouldn't be able to tell.
  • There are no males with a black head so even a female / male chimera would have a complete grey head.

I belive it is a mutation (or more like a trait) similar to Showa Sanke which can be reproduced in guppies (google images) by crossing certain Endler males with certain HB Guppy females. This would be a plausible explanation because the Black Bar Endler strain (in which the female appeared) are obviously Endler - but they are not from AdrianHD so we can not be 100% sure that they haven't been crossed with guppies in the past. In the same strain I had Elongatus showing up a little while ago so it is pretty obvious that there had been a crossing with guppies at some stage in the past.

In any case, I will breed her with one of her sons and we will see if it is a inheritable trait or not.

Cheers,
JaSa

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

im inlove with the swallow tails, im not sure what it is about them im so drawn too

I'm not really into them to be fair. Not the easiest strain to keep. They don't get very old, water quality needs to be 100% perfect at all times, they need more food to compensate the effort to swim with the big fins and you can't breed them in a pure strain because the gen complex is lethal if homozygote.

But since a fully grown albino female is a pretty impressive sight circling in a tank and not many people keep them theses days I will always have a few tanks for them in the fish room :)

25.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Long time no pictures - time for an update...

Magenta Red with and without HB:
519t.jpg 520t.jpg 521t.jpg

Panda:
512t.jpg 513t.jpg 514t.jpg

Latest strain out of the pipeline - Magenta Moscow:
508t.jpg 509t.jpg 510t.jpg 511t.jpg
I really like this one and very happy with the outcome so far. The males are still young and will grow bigger so hopefully the tails will grow as well.

Not something you see very often - a Siamese Twin Guppy!
503t.jpg 504t.jpg 505t.jpg 506t.jpg 507t.jpg

Cheers,
JaSa

• 4 weeks later...

Blue Tiger Endler:
560t.jpg

Blue Red Chest Endler - which is actually a Pink Red Chest Endler but Pink makes all the red go blue/green:
554t.jpg 555t.jpg 556t.jpg

New project - Mocow Magenta:
550t.jpg 551t.jpg 552t.jpg 553t.jpg

Random Guppies:
561t.jpg 562t.jpg 563t.jpg 564t.jpg 565t.jpg 566t.jpg 567t.jpg

Edited by JaSa

• 1 month later...

Little update...

Not that pretty but genetically very interesting and unique - Hypermelanistic Blonde Tiger Endler:
592t.jpg 593t.jpg 594t.jpg

Little Golden Nugget:
574t.jpg

And his brothers:
570t.jpg 572t.jpg 575t.jpg

Asia Blau Panda:
601t.jpg 602t.jpg

Blue Tiger Endler:
588t.jpg 589t.jpg

Moscow Magenta:
577t.jpg 578t.jpg 579t.jpg

Very old but pregnant Full White Platinum Female:
581t.jpg

Luntino Snakechest Endler - never been bred before:
583t.jpg

Koi Swordteils:
586t.jpg 587t.jpg

Cheers,
JaSa

• 2 months later...

Little update:

Scarlet Endler re-creation:
611t.jpg 612t.jpg 613t.jpg
Three years in the making:
Still not quite finished yet but very promising. To re-create this guppy I had to cross two different strains, choose the right gen combination in F2 and cross it with a third strain. Again in F2 the first Scarlet Endlers appeared and from here on, two years of selection to get this far.

Moscow Magenta parents:
608t.jpg
609t.jpg
and the offspring slowly coloring up:
607t.jpg 610t.jpg

• 2 months later...

Albino Japan Blue:
627t.jpg 628t.jpg
For the first time bred in NZ - Albino Japan Blue Guppy.
The little buggers are just starting to colour up so there is not much to see just yet but be assured they will be very, very cool !!! At least I'm very excited about them after over a year of development. The first fish already went to forum member dorl and I'm sure he will create some stunning fancy variations while I will be concentrating on the more subtle classic version of the Albino Japan Blue Guppy.

Lutino Panda Guppies:
615t.jpg 629t.jpg
Not that fancy to look at but genetically pretty remarkable and a step stone to something very, very cool that has never been done before :)

Platies:
623t.jpg 624t.jpg
625t.jpg 626t.jpg
It's not just all about guppies...

On 24/01/2017 at 5:57 PM, Colour_genes said:

Are they as cannibalistic of their fry as most inos seem to be?

Yes, and homozygous they are not very fertile either which makes it worse. I keep them heterozygous which will produce a few pure Lutinos in every drop. Makes it easier that way...