guppies post your pics

myfishybuisness

I C, I clearly didn't pay much attention to what your had written A. :oops:

I have some guppies growing ( 1 month old ) that are a cross between a male Albino gold platinum delta to a tuxedo neon blue type female ( she is heterozygous for the blau gene, so 50% of the fry are too ), which when grown I'll breed to an albino platinum red tail ( the one's that had been in trade and exchange )

This will activate the blau gene nicely and all the males that are carrying the blau will have blue tails - with out red, + 50% of the drop will be albino so I have a good chance of getting plenty of what I want which will be an albino Blau aka albino Tuxedo neon blue, if I breed them together 25% of the spawn will be homozygous for blau, of the 25% the albino fry will be >> Albino Super White, although like all triple recessives they are a weak looking fish.

The Albino blau is a stronger looking fish, it's a shame it is impossible to make as a pure strain.

The only catch is I don't know how good the tail will be, The albino platinum red tail has an ok tail but not a massive strong tail like the Moscows floating around, if it sucks I'll need to repeat the breeding using the Male tux neon blue ( which is also a moscow and a tail to match ).

This will be done by breeding a female albino platinum red tail to him - when I have 1 spare ( which will be with in a week ).

That will also make producing more of the albino blau easier and with a large delta tail.

Good luck with your goal.

There is nothing wrong with crossing - in fact it is important to out cross a pure strain every 2 or 4 generations( what you cross it to is important ), what matters is that they bred true as in the fry with in reason look like there Parents.

There is lots of pure strains around, of cause not all strains are to everyones taste.

It's easy if you have the knowledge in books to read!

the question is whether you're prepared to fork out the $$ to read them.

There is a PDF E-Book that costs around $13.00 USD called "Colour Strains" that gives the reader a big in site on what colour gene's make different strains + why they look the way they do + interplay between Colour genes and how they work.

Hi caserole :)

I have seen the 'Albino Blue Neon' Guppies before on a show and they are very, very beautiful - especially if you have a black background in the showtank together with cold white LED light. Spectacular! Hopefully they will look like you want them to be ! :nfs:

Do your 'blue' females have a slight purple shine on their sides? Compared to 'grey' females from the same litter they are slightly lighter coloured grey and have that purple sheen on them. Have to take a picture of one of them...

Well, and tails - I'm not even selecting for them at the moment, lol. I just want them closest to the wild type as possible. I have some blond wild type upper sword's in horrible quality swimming around. Some very long time down the line I will try to breed a decent upper sword guppy because i haven't seen any of those here in NZ before. Have you seen some upper, double or under swords in good quality here before?

Cheers,

JaSa

PS:

That's one of them. In reality the blue shine is more purple but I can't catch that with my camera :(

DJ4MY3.jpg

See the two small blue spots an the tail? Some have more spots, not too sure what to make out of that ...

Yes that female could be a blau but not Tuxedo, my X blau are only about 1.5cm so I can't be sure yet of any thing other then there sex, the tuxedo in albino makes the peduncle colourless and when mixed with the mg and or a saddle gene makes a canvass for the platinum to reflect off, remember I have injected the Mg gene into the line I'm wanting to create.

I don't see why it should not turn out how I wish, I have all the ducks lined up in a row so to speak, however it is the first time I have actually tried this with a preconceived out come( if you don't count making Panda Guppies - they're much easier ) in mined/ the knowledge of how the gene's should react together when combined.

I have a snakeskin albino that I thought was a top sword, but now he has matured there is a hint of lower sword to spoil the look :( , I do have a nice ( long ) lower sword that fell out of the double sword breedings ( doubles are not going well shape wise ). His colour is nothing flash but his lower sword I would love to fix as a strain even if the colour didn't change - it is so long.

( doubles are not going well shape wise )

Tell me all about it &c:ry

YPPHWX.jpg

This is one of my buggers I keep at the moment rather then put him in the feeder tank. There might be the time when I need a double sword and then I have something to start with - but it is a horrible quality...

Your Tails are way better then mine &c:ry

Ok, I'll share a few pictures of my fish.

This HB Pastel is a one off, he fell out of a Gold Platinum line out cross.

He contains 1 copy of the Mg gene which is Autosomal recessive so I can not breed him back to the Gold line as this will double up the Mg gene and turn his sons Platinum, Sorry pic's a little out of focus.

HBPastel.jpg

This is my Adult Male Blau....

BlauAdult1.jpg

A few years back German Blue Moscows and Tuxedo Neon Blue Females( no males ) were imported.

The Neon Blue Females had rubbish shaped tails so I crossed the 2 lines hoping to put the Moscow tail on the neon blue's.

The above fellow is an F2 from the original Fry.

Here is some of his sons, I've already removed the red tailed fish ( Fish in this line with out the Blau Gene have Fully Red Tails with specks )...

BlauJuvanile2.jpg

BlauJuvanile1.jpg

As a result these guys are also Moscows, you can see the influence of the Moscow Gene in the solid coloured Chests even though it may appear there is no colour on the heads.

It's a cruel shame the Blau gene is Autosomal semi-dominant and the Adult Male can not be made into a Pure/True breeding strain.

And some Panda Guppies.

The Round Tails were re-generated from an imported Male, The long Fin Spear Tail's I made from an imported German Blue Moscow that I got off Cesar.

Both Strains contain the Blonde Gene.

Long Fin Spear Tail's

1.jpg

Same fish with a Flash - check out the Females Dorsal fin above the Male

flash.jpg

Long Fin Female

blondefemale.jpg

The Blonde Males are Long Fin's. The Grey Male is a Round Fin

blondandgrey.jpg

• 1 month later...

The problem with breeding guppies is - you continuously run out of tanks. And I just gave away about 300 fish from different lines and crosses as feeders to get more room!!! So many different batches of fry to hatch, keep males & females separate, put certain fish together for mating, ...

7N15WF.jpg

I threw this little one together last weekend. 35l existing tank, cut two dividers and glued them in. Used some waterpipe, O-rings and 6mm elbows to build three little TLH (no, it's not just an air filter, it's a TLH! :) ) and some little pots together with some expanded clay aggregate and crushed oyster shells make up the simple filters. The light I made out of a LED-Strip left-over and a cable duct as housing. Bit of soldering - all done :)

Now there is some Bleeding Heart Platy fry in the middle, F1 of AlbinoBlond x Blue on the left and F1 of Albino x Blue on the right. Will need two more tanks in a few days to keep males and females separate - to be continued ...

:digH:

• 3 weeks later...

F1 of Blue x Albino:

H5RAW2.jpg ZKP9ZW.jpg LUEWAE.jpg

Breeding pair male Lutino x female Albino:

15EE9L.jpg AFLPND.jpg

Compare his eye with the eye of the albino female. It is dark-red and his body is more yellow then the white / transparent body of the albino. Goal is to establish this rare strain. Means putting him together with his daughters and sort out the Lutinos from the Albinos and breed then pure Lutino. But that is still a few weeks away. In the meantime pictures of

F1 Lutino x Albino:

859FGK.jpg SHYGB.jpg ZWQLFV.jpg

Pretty ugly fish to be honest - but F2 and back-crossing will be full of Lutinos...

• 2 weeks later...
And some Panda Guppies.

The Round Tails were re-generated from an imported Male, The long Fin Spear Tail's I made from an imported German Blue Moscow that I got off Cesar.

Both Strains contain the Blonde Gene.

Long Fin Spear Tail's

1.jpg

Same fish with a Flash - check out the Females Dorsal fin above the Male

flash.jpg

Long Fin Female

blondefemale.jpg

The Blonde Males are Long Fin's. The Grey Male is a Round Fin

blondandgrey.jpg

that's a long dorsal fin,, i wonder if anyone has ribbon type guppies as well, :nfs:

finally made an account here after reading for awhile.. i'm interested in breeding pure colour strains.. do you guys know where i can get my hands on some... thanks

When you say "pure colour strains". are you referring to a guppy with a single solid colour? or are you referring to a fixed strain?

a strong fixed line would be good.. e.g. long dorsal fins.. or ribbon..

but yes i am refering to guppies with a solid colour body and tail. one colour.. :)

thank you....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

F1 of Blau2 x Albino at the age of 2 month:

X4HH7.jpg T5CRZB.jpg 1PMAH4.jpg ZG5PW1.jpg

Blau2 transforms red into blue/green in heterozygous fish. That is a good way to tell the difference between Blau1 and Blau2. As you can see there are two typs in the F1. First 2 pictures show type1 and picture 3 & 4 show typ2. I won't use any of these since the father (Click) is still alive and he will be put together with a couple of his daughters out of F1 ...

F1 of Albino x Lutino; 2.5 month old:

PHNZA.jpg K5Z5PE.jpg PPF7ZQ.jpg KBG4TQ.jpg

As you can see, there are two different typs again in F1. I will most likely use the fish in picture 1 for F2. There should be Albinos, Lutinos and Gray ones then.

Little Tiger Platy:

N3BLSV.jpg

Cheers,

JaSa

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Another Endler Strain made it to NZ - Red Chest Endler:

YEEVBK.jpg EJZJGA.jpg

The Tiger Endler doing fine and the young ones are starting showing color now:

4PAS99.jpg TPTTM.jpg

Very nice Albino Double Swords - not my breeding work but swimming now in my tanks :)

H2Z1P.jpg HLZ22.jpg

Cheers,

JaSa