Jebo r362 light not working

7 posts in this topic

Posted

Just got given a nice Jebo r362 tank and have set up but the lights aren't working have replaced the starters but still not going. There is a bit of rust around the top as been in storage for a while. Does someone in Tauranga know how to fix it. Please.

Thanks Jim

:hail:

Posted

What do you mean by not going? Nothing at all happens when you turn them on? Tubes light up at the ends but don't completely fire? Tubes flicker on and off?

Posted

Lights not working at all, turn it on nothing happens, bulbs seem ok and replaced starters as they have disintegrated, there is rust around the top, can't get screws to undo to check underneath. Might need new ballast, we got given the tank from a friend of my sons, everyhting else works well.

Posted

Lights not working at all, turn it on nothing happens, bulbs seem ok and replaced starters as they have disintegrated, there is rust around the top, can't get screws to undo to check underneath. Might need new ballast, we got given the tank from a friend of my sons, everyhting else works well.

Yeah, possibly switch or ballast. Should be easy to replace.

Posted

got any pictures of it?

Posted

could be as simple as a fuse?

If replacing fuse doesnt work, check using multimeter that there isnt a short somewhere.... ive had a r338 where it would work sometimes and otehr times it wouold blow the fuse. Found that one of the connections would intermittely earth itself and blow fuse. I ended up taking out the light hood and replaced with leds :-)

Posted

Have given to a electrician to have a look at it for me, hope not to much wrong with it, if so then will replace with something else tank was free anyway.